Though India is developing in a fast track mode in many sectors like space science, health care etc. we still lag behind in many aspects. One of the major lagging differences compared to other developed countries is digitalization of government processes. Digitalization of government companies will not only improve the services and comforts of citizens but also save time and reduce the corruption.
To overcome this big hurdle, Our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has taken an initiative called Digital India that would lead India to the new edge and era of digital world. These initiatives will act as bridge in communication between government and citizens. And it will also bring up transparency of the government procedures. In solution to above discussion, PMO has conceptualized to launch various mobile applications in collaboration with various software development companies in India for the same.
Here few government mobile applications are listed below:
- Sanskriti App:
- It focuses on Indian ‘Sanskriti’-Culture.
- It provides all the details about the events organized by government to promote Indian culture in various fields including Music, Dance, Theatre, Exhibition, Film Shows, Lectures and Others
- My Clean India:
- This application has the roots in the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ launched by GOI to facilitate clean India campaign.
- Citizens have to put the pictures of the place when uncleaned and after cleaning to show their contribution.
- Digital India:
- This android app is developed by GOI with the help of Mobile Application Development Company in India.
- It is a part government effort to reach to every individual of the country in remote area in an effort towards ‘Good Governance’.
- It helps people to track/enquire about the status of various applications submitted by them.
- It also facilitates in checking the authenticity of certificates issued to citizens.
- Aadhaar Enrollment Status:
- Aadhaar card is one of the core program launched by GOI to provide the identification to every individual uniquely.
- This mobile application helps users to track their status of their ‘Aadhaar’ application.
- Voter Information Search:
- This app is intended for those users who want to know whether his/her name has been included in the electoral roll of the constituency.
- User can also find out the polling station he/she has been allocated to.
- Vaccination Alerts:
- As a part of GOI effort towards healthy India, it has launched an app to provide vaccination alerts for the kids under the age of 5 years.
- Under this program, alerts are sent to the parents of the children’s whose vaccination date is due.
- mPassport Seva:
- In an effort to make the passport services more reliable, convenient and transparent, GOI has taken an initiative.
- Under this initiative GOI has developed a mobile app- mPassport Seva and has establishedPassport Seva Kendras (PSK) across India.
- Users can track their passport status, can apply for a new passport, info about renewal of passport, and can locate nearest PSK.
- Indian Income tax Refund Status:
- This app is intended to help users to get the update of their Income Tax Refund Status.
- Without having to physically visit the Income tax office every time to track their status, this app has proven to be beneficial to the users in tracking the status and thus in saving time.
Government mobile applications are key initiatives of Digital India Program. It is a visionary project of our Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, to lead India to the new era of digital world. These mobile applications are developed by mobile application development companies in India. These mobile applications will build digitized world and thus saving lot of time and energy of common people.